Radiant Spray Tan Guide
BEFORE YOUR SESSION PREPARATION
Careful preparation of your skin is essential for the best, even looking tan. Exfoliating a few hours prior to your session is the most important step to prepare for a spray tan. Particular attention needs be given to any dry areas of the body such as the knees, elbows and ankles. Moisturizing these areas (and these areas ONLY) will help to produce a better looking tan. For the absolute best results:
- EXFOLIATE a few hours prior to your session!
- Do not shave or wax within 24 hours of your appointment to avoid skin irritation
- We advise applying balm to your lips before your session
- Do not apply lotions or perfumes prior to tanning. Use deodorant very sparingly.
- Remove make-up and jewelry before the tanning process to avoid blocking the spray mist.
- Bath or shower with pH neutral body wash (contains no oil).
- DO NOT use regular bar soap! Use soft cloth as well. Loofah & nylon scrubbers may cause streaking
WHAT TO WEAR
What you wear or choose not to wear is up to you. Clients may wear bathing suits, underwear, disposable underwear, or opt for no tan lines at all. The choice depends on your comfort level. We strongly recommend to:
- Wear loose, dark clothing as the bronzers used in the tanning solution can rub off on tight & light clothing
- Wear dark or old underwear, as the DHA may stain light nylon
- We do ask that our male clients wear undergarment
- If you have long hair, please have it tied up in a pony-tail or bun. A shower cap will be provided at the salon.
DURING YOUR SESSION
- Before the session begins we will moisturize your palms, soles of your feet and cuticles with a barrier cream lotion to avoid discoloration.
- The spray gun will blow a constant flow of air to help dry the solotuion as it is being sprayed. This air may be a bit cold for some people, so a portable heater has been placed in the room to help maintain a comfortable temperature.
- Once the application of the solution is complete, you will be asked to wait a 2-3 minutes before dressing to allow the solution to dry.
AFTER YOUR SESSION
- For the rest of the day, avoid any physical activity that will cause perspiration or that will get you wet (Swimming)
- Wait a minimum of 4-6 hours before taking a bath or shower. The longer you wait, the better, since DHA continues to darken up to 24 hours after application.
- Do not apply any lotions or creams for a few hours at the minimum. However, after the first day, moisturize your skin daily to extend the life of the tan.
- After the first day, if you notice any areas of skin beginning to wear, you may want to use a self-tanner product to help even out those areas.
- Up until your first shower, you will look quite dark. Once you take your first shower, excess solution will wash off (you will notice the reddish-brown water) and you will have a lighter, natural looking tan.
- Your first session is good, but your second is great. It is good to come back within a day, not more than two, for a follow up session.
- All pre and post session products required to produce the best results are available at the salon. Inquire within.
- Remember, the longer you allow the DHA to bond with your skin, the longer the tan will last!